Our client is a long established medium sized City practice with a good working environment, friendly and an informal atmosphere.
They are now looking to hire a Accounts Payable/Billing Administrator. The primary responsibility for this role will be to provide a high quality, professional service by ensuring that Partner and Staff expenses and supplier invoices are all paid in a timely manner alongside supporting our Billing Specialist during peak times.
- Processing and payment of supplier invoices. Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Processing and payment of firm wide Staff and Partner expenses on a regular basis.
- Contacting internal clients and external suppliers directly as required to raise or respond to queries.
- Allocation of corporate credit card charges and reconciliation of accounts.
- Paying invoices by BACs, CHAPS and cheque.
- Ensure payments are allocated in a timely manner to facilitate bank reconciliations.
- Applying the correct VAT treatment to transactions processed through the Purchase Ledger.
- Maintain and create accurate vendor records (payment terms, bank account details, etc.).
- Maintaining and monitoring Petty Cash ledger.
- Entering Counsel fee notes (when covering Office Cashier).
- Reclaiming VAT on paid Counsel fee notes (when covering Office Cashier).
- Payment of disbursements in accordance with SRA regulations (when covering Office Cashiers).
- Continually maintain high level of customer service when dealing with external clients.
- Processing bills using 3E.
- Processing writes offs as directed by Partners.
- Liaising with secretaries, Billing Executives and Matter Supervising Partners.
- Matter maintenance involving matter change processes such as amending charge out rates, VAT setups, matter closures etc.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, previous legal experience is an advantage but not essential
- An understanding of the SRA regulations would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Willing to work extended hours as and when required (particularly at month end peak billing time)
- Keeping up with day-to-day tasks while improving overarching processes
- Experience of using 3E is preferable but not but not a requirement
It is Career Legal's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.