Accounts Assistant (Credit Control) - Property Company - London SW1 - c£25k
My client is a long established, well regarded firm of managing agents overseeing a number of flagship new build and historic blocks and estates across Prime and Central London.
As a result of continued portfolio growth, a Credit Controller is sought on a full time basis to undertake the full range of credit control duties in relation to residential property accounting.
Working with clients that will include Freeholders, Property Developers, Major Housebuilders, Investors and Leaseholders/Residents, the successful Credit controller will ideally (but not essentially) come from a property accounting background, have a stable, committed career history and a flexible, can-do attitude.
Their credit control style will need to be firm, professional but fair and will include chasing service charges and maintenance fees.
The credit controller will broadly undertake the following:
- Daily debt chasing to ensure leaseholders are paying before/on/close to due dates.
- Issue courtesy reminders. 1st and final reminders to all leaseholders
- Weekly reporting to directors on debt positions
- liaising with property managers, clients and solicitors/bailiffs as part of the recovery process
- Updating debt report spreadsheet
- Banking incoming cheques and taking over the phone credit card payments.
- Bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Dealing with client and leaseholder queries over email, Letter and phone.
- Updating leases and names/addresses on in-house system.
- Assist accounts payable and MD's as and when required
- Land registry checks
The successful credit controller will start on a basic salary up to £25k working Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch.
The Credit controller will work out of a SW London office base with no requirement for onward travel so a driving license is not essential.
To express your interest or find out more please apply now for immediate consideration and further info.